Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lost Kitbash #1: Roger "Workman" Linus

One of my goals with this project is to share some quick and easy ways you can improve and expand upon BifBangPow's Lost action figure line. I know this line is attracting people who are new to the world of Mego and I'm here to show you where to find or how to make items that will fit into your own Island of Lost Megos.

Such as: The skeletonized corpse of Roger Linus! This may not be the first thing on your list, but it's one of those easy and fun customs that are possible thanks to the Mego revival.I sloppy-drybrush painted some brown acrylic paint onto a Classic TV Toys Skeleton and soaked my handmade Dharma Jumpsuit in coffee grounds to give it that aged rotted look. The beer cans are 3/8" dowel with grey painted ends and a printed sticker wrapped around it.



This is an easy and fun "kitbash" I have been wanting to do since I spotted the skeleton on their website. Classic TV Toys is a company that began making Mego reproductions and new figures almost 10 years ago. They still have a large backstock of clothing, bodies and accessories at dirt cheap prices. I'll be sharing a lot of CTVT product with you in the future.




1 comment:

  1. freaken awesome!! you have really inspired me.
    and thank you so much for your work on mego museum.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete